Each of the seven Solano County cities has an established City Team that meets regularly and oversees and implements alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) prevention strategies based on the needs of their local community.
The mission of the ATOD City Team is to use a comprehensive prevention strategy that will:
- Delay initial use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs among children and youth in Solano County.
- Reduce the overall proportion of Solano County residents who use alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- Reduce the impact of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs on communities, families, and individuals.
- Advocate for policies and actions that increase access to health care and support healthy behaviors and healthy communities.
- Provide evidence-based prevention programs in classrooms and after school programs;
- Provide community-based parent education programs;
- Advocate for policies and ordinances that support ATOD prevention (i.e., Social Host Ordinance, Smoke-Free Parks);
- Coordinate retail compliance checks; and
- Mobilize community members to undertake education and environmental initiatives.
Are you a prevention provider or educator who would like to know how to educate your community about marijuana and/or prevent marijuana abuse in your community? Check out our toolkit below for more information! (Warning: This is a large file. It may take a few minutes to load.)