(30 hour per week benefited position, funded by a four-year grant)
Solano Coalition for Better Health is seeking a Housing Coordinator to help us link clients to housing stability. Duties include landlord outreach, application assistance, and building relationships with the local housing community. Experience in real estate and/or property management, knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and reasonable accommodations required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by clicking on the APPLY NOW button above. *** Application Deadline: September 1, 2017 ***
The Housing Coordinator is a vital member of the multi-disciplinary Community Connections Team. The Housing Coordinator conducts housing searches and participates in developing a portfolio of landlords and property managers to provide housing for clients served by Solano Coalition for Better Health. Duties include identifying potential housing and inspecting those units for habitability. The Housing Coordinator will also coordinate and track communications with landlords and community partners and provide ongoing support to clients to ensure that tenants successfully retain housing suitable to their needs.
KEY FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify appropriate rental housing in the community for clients served.
- Assist participants in securing and maintaining housing.
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and or maintain housing.
- Provide application assistance to clients.
- Assist with housing and tenant related emergencies during normal business hours and after hours.
- Educate clients about their rights and responsibilities.
- Educate community members about the housing needs of identified program participants and the importance of supportive housing.
- Maintain thorough and accurate progress notes, files and correspondences while also maintaining confidentiality of tenants.
- Arrange transportation for clients as deemed necessary.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other members of the Community Connections Team ( Community Outreach Workers, Care Coordinator and Case Managers, etc.) to assist in meeting client’s housing needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree preferred
- Experience in real estate and/or property management
- Willing to travel within the region and make multiple visits to the field
- Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness including those with disabilities and special needs
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and reasonable accommodations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and automobile insurance
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and Excel required; PowerPoint preferred
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record-keeping skills, and good independent judgment.*** Application Deadline: September 1, 2017 *** To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by clicking on the APPLY NOW button above.